Global Banking Training - London

Has anyone heard of this company before?

So I applied to what I thought was a IB internship in Toronto. The posting was on efinancialcareers. I just got an email today about the program. Turns out, it is in London and it COSTS money to participate ranging from £2,000 to £6,000. It’s 2 months total: first 4 weeks is a program, next 4 weeks is an internship. Not sure of the firm; it doesn’t say. And I don’t mean to be racist but the email I got was from a brown guy and it was laden with mistakes.

Has anyone encountered this before? I’m not going to go for it because it just sounds like a scam. I’m just wondering how this type of job posting was allowed on a well-known website such as efinancialcareers.

In the US, there are some “wall street prep” courses that teach you some finance basics, and some people say these courses are useful. However, they do not offer internships and do not claim to be affiliated with any bank.

Anyway, I would ask for extremely specific details of this “internship” before proceeding any further.

There are plenty of “leadership programs” or “Training programs” in DC that cost a few thousand $s. Sometimes they’re actually a pretty good opportunity to meet a future employer. The difference here is that they’re run by reputable staff and usually they’re pretty selective too.

Having said that, I’d think taking three CFA exams (assuming passed each on first attempt) is enough of an investment already…