Am I required to disclose?

Hi everyone,

I work in a big bank, I’m looking to make some extra income on weekends by helping small/medium sized companies improve their processes. Since my big bank is not in the business of developing or selling software, and this would be a business I run on the weekends, I don’t believe I have to disclose it to my employer as I am not competing with their business, or taking time away from them.

If I do not disclose my weekend business to my employer am I in compliance with the CFA code of ethics? What are your thoughts?

generally spreading, big banks nearly always have a policy that you must disclose any side business or income no matter how dumb.

most likely nothing will happen if you didn’t report it and are found out,but it gives the company a reason to fire you if they really want to

Cheers, thanks itera. Will do, thank you.

Better safe than sorry. I disclosed that I sidebar as a high school soccer referee.

I disclosed my side job as a professional cuddler.

Reasonable. Depending on who your side job clients are, that could present a real conflict of interest. Do you specialize in being the big spoon or the little spoon?

dudes only or girls too?

He probably only cuddles puppies, like the one in his avatar.

I heard about that stuff on Howard Stern.