salaries in the UAE

What kind of salaries can CFA charterholders with some experience pull in Dubai/Abu Dhabi?

I’m assuming you have 4-5 years of decent quality experience. The pay can vary quiet a bit depending on the company’s size and whether the job is buy side or sell side. Overall you should be looking at something in the range of US$ 100-120k, although I have seen some buy-side openings advertised as high as 150-180k. Keep in mind there are no taxes so multiply by 1.5 or so to convert it into “NYC $$”. Most jobs offer a bonus but the pay structure is heavily geared toward guaranteed comp out here and it probably won’t exceed 15-20% if you’re in research.

Thank you. Does that also apply to the SWFs (ADIA etc.)?

No clue about SWF’s, they don’t seem to recruit through normal channels.

nirjraina Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m assuming you have 4-5 years of decent quality > experience. The pay can vary quiet a bit depending > on the company’s size and whether the job is buy > side or sell side. > > Overall you should be looking at something in the > range of US$ 100-120k, although I have seen some > buy-side openings advertised as high as 150-180k. > Keep in mind there are no taxes so multiply by 1.5 > or so to convert it into “NYC $$”. Most jobs offer > a bonus but the pay structure is heavily geared > toward guaranteed comp out here and it probably > won’t exceed 15-20% if you’re in research. Re: taxes - U.S. citizens are taxed on their worldwide income. U.S. is probably the only country to do so. BTW, how are the prospects on the buy side?

Quiet a few countries do this, however US citizens are tax exempt on the first 80k of foreign income (you only qualify if you maintain bona fide residence in the country where the income is earned). I haven’t seen a massive number of buy side listings but you will see the same listings coming back up after they have initially closed, showing they’re having problems with filling them.

Nirjraia

i will be grateful, if you elaborate the meaning of Decent experience in context on above discussion.

plz

http://www.morganmckinley.ae/sites/morganmckinley.ae/files/Morgan%20McKinley%20Banking%20and%20Financial%20Services%20Salary%20Survey%20Guide%20-%20UAE%202014.pdf