ZMH historical quote

I am looking for a REALLY old historical quote for the ticker above - 6/11/1954. One of our clients recently sold this position and we are trying to determine the cost basis. I would also need splits. Any ideas on where I could find it? The ususally site I use didn’t have anything. Could anybody with a bloomberg terminal find it? It doesn’t have to be perfect, just good enough that I could defend it with an IRS agent in my face. Thanks.

HHMM…everything I see only shows the stock trading since 2001. Do you have any additional info to lookup with?

cusip of 98956P102 That’s all I got.

Just found this: Frequently Asked Questions View: Spin-off Stock Financial Contact What is a spin off? A spin-off is when one company, referred to as the parent, divests (separates) itself of one of its divisions or subsidiaries, which then becomes an independent company. In this case, Bristol Myers Squibb has spun off Zimmer Holdings, Inc., as a 100% dividend to its shareholders. How was the number of shares that I received determined? Anyone who owned Bristol Myers Squibb shares as of July 27, 2001 received shares in Zimmer. For every 10 shares of Bristol Myers Squibb they received 1 share of Zimmer stock.

I think you’re going to have to contact the Investor relations at the company - as it was a spin off from BMY in 2001…I only have monthly data going back that far. Split-adjusted price was $0.0856 on 5/28/54 and $0.0795 on 6/30/54 for BMY… Here’s the link to the spin-off info: http://investor.zimmer.com/faq.cfm?id=&faqid=1

I actually figured it out based off information on the site. Thanks for looking it up for me! How will my U.S. Federal income tax basis be determined for the Zimmer shares that I received in the distribution? The following information about the cost basis allocation is provided by Bristol-Myers Squibb. You may want to refer to the Investor’s Q&A regarding the spin off, which can be found on the BMS website at BMS: Stockholder Services: Zimmer Spin-off Info Generally speaking, under applicable U.S. Treasury Regulations, your aggregate tax basis in your shares of Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock, as determined immediately before the distribution, must be allocated between your Zimmer common stock (including any fractional shares) and the Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock with respect to which the distribution was made. Your tax basis should be allocated in proportion to the fair market values of your Zimmer common stock and Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock as of the date of the distribution. Consequently, based on the opening reported trading prices on the New York Stock Exchange on August 7, 2001, for Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock and Zimmer common stock, BMS believes you should allocate 4.8223% of your pre-distribution tax basis to the Zimmer common stock and 95.1777% to the Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock with respect to which the distribution was made. Please note, if you hold blocks of Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock with different tax bases, then you must allocate your U.S. Federal income tax basis on a “block-by-block” basis. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company recommends that each Bristol-Myers Squibb Company stockholder consult with his or her own tax advisor with respect to the applicability and consequences of Federal, state, local, and foreign tax laws in his or her particular situation