CFA vs. MMA

I just found out I have failed level 1, band 2. While this result was devastating to me, it gave me a chance to seriously think about my career and future. After 3 hours of intense soul searching, I have narrowed my future options down to the following two: 1- Stay in the financial services industry, earn my CFA and CPA. This is the easy path and what I had planned. Although my L1 failure has led me to realize maybe CFA and hard work just ain’t for me. 2- Embark on a new career in MMA. This will be a drastic career switch. But trying my luck in the octagon as a prize fighter may not be a bad idea given the abysmal job market for financial professionals. Here is some additional info about me: I was pretty good with algebra in high school but somehow those so called DCF calculations elude me. People have told me I ain’t a numbers person. And I don’t think I read too good either. I participate in bar fights recreationally but have no prior training in martial arts. People have describe me as a pu$$y. Any advice will be appreciated. Do you think my lack of prior experience will be viewed negatively? Do you think the competition will be intense with everyone exiting finance to go to MMA? Should I postpone my career switch to go to school and try it post-mba?

pretty much

Some serious thread necrophilia going on here.

isn’t MMA some kind of fighting TV show?

So I just got banned from kicking the bags at my side gym. They just got a new setup of 6 bags and I was all excited to kick today. I’m still a bit gimpy and my Achilles are at like 60%. I can bounce on my toes a bit but hold back. So I mean I was kind of going light.

Anyway, I’m doing a workout for about an hour and this boxing coach comes and says that I’m ‘breaking his bags’. Granted I do pay for the membership and if their equipment isn’t tough enough, too bad.That was my mentality. He said lay off the kicks until they got Muay Thai bags and just punch. Luckily this gym is a chain so I’ll just go to the other location - this one is a lot closer though. This is in addition to my main MMA place - ATT, but I like side gyms for their extended hours and prefer going solo sometimes.

Turns out he just moved from PA and looking to be coached by a pro (he only said this at the end) so he might come to ATT as well just for their boxing (which some people do).

This is a joke right?!..

3 new 6 ft heavy Muay Thai bags at side gym — ohhhhhhh sh************t

Option 3

Become a retail day trader yes

#FreeCvM