CFA vs. GMAT

3/3 on the CFA, getting my ass whooped on the GMAT. What does a man need to do to get over 700?

Stop bragging about 3/3, grow up and concentrate on GMAT. What a …

Jobsearch08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stop bragging about 3/3, grow up and concentrate > on GMAT. What a … Yo im simply trying to make a point here. What a asshole.

anyone can get 3/3 on CFA, all you need is time but gmat requires smartness, its more of an aptitude test than a theoretical one like CFA since you are still bragging about 3/3 you are not smart enough!! phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3/3 on the CFA, getting my ass whooped on the > GMAT. What does a man need to do to get over 700?

What the fuck is “smartness”? I wasn’t born smart like you a$$holes so I work hard. Bunch of pricks…

If you haven’t looked at the math in a while it can definitely humble you. There is definitely a strong correlation between natural IQ and GMAT scores. Plenty of people pass the CFA exams who would be hard pressed to score 600+ on the GMAT. Look at numi’s thread regarding the GMAT. He had a very thorough analysis of his experience.

Yea 2/2 on CFA. But I gotta agree with everyone GMAT is different from CFA. Just becuase you did great on CFA won’t guarantee a high score on GMAT, and vice versa. But I don’t think GMAT measures “smartness”. It’s not an IQ test and people have shown time after time that they could improve their scores considerably with good preping. For both CFA and GMAT, you need time, patience, and a solid strategy.

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What the fuck is “smartness”? getting 700+ on GMAT may be?

I prepared for 2 weeks before I took the first GMAT. Definitely rusty on math and grammar. I will take it again in a month and prepare more thoroughly this time. I’ll show a$$holes RAZEDGE and JOBSEARCH08 how it is done properly.

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I prepared for 2 weeks before I took the first > GMAT. Definitely rusty on math and grammar. I will > take it again in a month and prepare more > thoroughly this time. > > I’ll show a$$holes RAZEDGE and JOBSEARCH08 how it > is done properly. dude 1/2 on the GMAT ain’t cool - stick with your original score

razedge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > phBOOM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What the fuck is “smartness”? > > > getting 700+ on GMAT may be? Don’t play smart in front of me boy. I scored 750 on prep, but didn’t translate it on the real test. I’ll smack your face with my 800 next time.

Kid… take your 3/3 on the CFA in the market place and see if any one gives a rats ass. Hard work?? so you are the only one prik to work hard? people who fail due ot a lot of issues do not work hard?? get a life… so your point is that u did a 3/3 so u cant be humbled by anything else. You caould have made your point with less bragging

i think the prep time is more like 2 months instead of 2 weeks. i consider myself to be pretty average in terms of intelligence. i went 3/3 also, but spent a couple hardcore months to get a 700.

wow i just encouraged you to work harder good luck to you and I would definitely wanna see 750+ on your scorecard with that attitude phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I prepared for 2 weeks before I took the first > GMAT. Definitely rusty on math and grammar. I will > take it again in a month and prepare more > thoroughly this time. > > I’ll show a$$holes RAZEDGE and JOBSEARCH08 how it > is done properly.

I think your score depends on a lot of things, - If English is your first language - If you enjoy reading and writing often - How quantitative your background is - How energized you are on exam day I don’t think we can necessarily conclude that GMAT and CFA are correlated at all - for one, the math in CFA is very straightforward. I think if you spend a solid two months of methodical preparation, you could certainly attain 720 or higher. There is no shame in putting more than a couple weeks of preparation for an exam that could change your career, potentially how much money you make, and the class of people you meet. There appears to be several study schedules you can copy from brainy, hardcore people on Pagalguy and other websites. Good luck.

> phBOOM Wrote: > I scored 750 on prep, but didn’t translate it on the real test. prep does not count

razedge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > phBOOM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What the fuck is “smartness”? > > > getting 700+ on GMAT may be? I dont need to know how it is done properly from such a d-bag. Do it for yourself and keep it to yourself. Good luck

^in my mind phBoom was just trying to ask a legitimate question. You took it a step further and implied he was being arrogant and bragging about 3/3. I think he was just trying to make a general point that he went 3/3, but could not crack 700 on the GMAT and wanted to some pointers from experienced AF members. In my mind, he was not being arrogant saying he went 3/3. phBoom, as chuckrox8 said, see Numi’s thread on GMAT.

Well well, this thread got me all fired up. I won’t say none till I get that 750+.

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > razedge Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > phBOOM Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > What the fuck is “smartness”? > > > > > > getting 700+ on GMAT may be? > > > Don’t play smart in front of me boy. I scored 750 > on prep, but didn’t translate it on the real test. > I’ll smack your face with my 800 next time. screen shot or it never happened.