CFA LEVEL 1 PLEASE HELP

Hello everyone. I should be posting this under CFA level 1, but I did not have an option to start a thread under that sub section? I’m bran new to this forum and I’m still trying to figure out how it works. I’m writing my Level 1 CFA this June. I’m not going to buy the Schwesher books, wrather I’m going to study my 6 text books prior to the exam. I was wondering which text books I need to spend the MOST time on. I have struggled the last month getting through quantitative methods because I found it got boring! I want to learn more about investment analysis, economy, derivaties ETC * those are what I’m most interested in * I’ve decided to skip page 373 - 600 ( remaining Quantitative methods section ) and opt to go back to this and study in a few months. Thus allowign me to move right not technical analysys, then within a few days I should be done text 1 and I can pick up text book 2 ( economy ) Can you please shed some light on this and give me some pointers? I don’t have a university back ground. I was in school for music, * played the tennor saxophone * My industry knowledge lies from doing my IFIC course / CSC / Branch managers course / Compliance officer course I have 7 years working in the banking undustry, 5 of which I was a mutual fund advisor / planner. Thanks so much guys! Also, I have had difficulty finding practice questions / practice exams. Are there any places I can find these without spending 300 dollars for Schwesher?

Look inside each CFA book. It will tell you the weights for each section there. Focus your time on those sections.

The best practice is from the Qbank type questions. You must pay for those.

Best of luck in your studies.

Two suggestions:

1. Cough up the money for Schweser. It’s well worth it. If you’re going to spend the necessary 300 hours studying, and spend $1000 for an exam, you might as well study the material that’s readable.

2. Decide how much time you need to study. Figure out how much time you need to devote to FRA (Accounting) and double it. You should probably study at least 75 hours just on the accounting.

My advice: overstudy. Put in 400-500 quality hours. Read the CFA materialonce and Scweser’s 3 times. Do the questions in the CFA books and do old practice exams.

You will have to put your life on hold for 3-4 months.