New TI calculator models - same flaws?!

So I noticed today TI came up with new versions for their financial calculators. Sadly, the new models seem to have gotten only an exterior design overhaul and key issues have not been adressed. Display is still single line and therefore does not show algebraic manipulations when entering.

How hard can it be to take the well designed TI-30X IIS and slam TVM, AMORT, STAT and NPV functions on it instead of trigonometry functions? I mean TI sells its financial calculators 90% to CFA candidates and they still don’t manage to come up with an adequate solution for that exact purpose.

Dude. That’s how it’s always been. It has nothing to do with TI. If they changed the functionality to how you’ve narrated, the CFAI would disallow the TI BA. Trust me, I wish that they allowed the same calculators that are permitted on the actuarial exams … but they don’t, and probably never will.

what is so terrible about a double line display? that would not change the functionality

TI definitely doesn’t sell 90% of BA II plus calculators to CFA students. Every basic finance class for business students requires it.

Anyway, what annoys me more are the prices. technology that old cant cost them but pennies. There is no way it should cost more than $10