Work Experience Opinion Needed

Hi Fellow CFA holders / CFA wannabes :>

Just wondering, I have been working for four years now (close to that). and I want to know your opnion if these job description acceptable for CFA charter or not.

in my first 2 years I was working as Risk and performance Analyst and the role involved:

• quantifying Value At Risk (VaR) for the group’s portoflio investment and analyze the various attribution of VaR at Group level

• set up the VaR budget for each portfolio investment and ensuring that at group level, VaR level would not be breached and reported every quarterly to the directors and audit committees

-work with investment team on analyzing the portfolio impact of the acquisition by modelling the incremental VaR to the current portfolio

• build various scenarios to assess the riskiness of new projects/acquisitions

• assist in assessing other credit types including leasing risk, credit risk, tenants’ credit risk, market risk and reinvestment risk

• quantify Economic Value Added to determine the performance on our investment against the economic cost

then,

my current role, in which I have been working for the past 2 years are in Real Estate Private Equity and my role is as investment analyst, which involved in:

1. developing a full lifecycle project model to analyze new investment opportunities by using DCF and computing IRR and NPV

2. assisting investment manager in building investment thesis for the purpose of putting up a recommendation to the investment committees

3. assisting fund management business in reporting its assets and fund performance including total returns, IRR and total outperformance against the specified benchmark

4. assisting in equity raising during the fund liquidity window event by preparing information memorandum, investors’ pack, building investors’ model, projecting assets and fund returns and helping in answering investors’ queries

5. be the investor relation to the fund investors and assist fund manager in managing clients’ requests

6. performing valuation on property assets internally for projection purpose by using both income cap and DCF method; and taking lead in the process of external valuation and performing analysis and due-diligence to the assumptions used in deriving the valuation of the property

7.assisting fund manager to ensure that the fund is managed according to the Bye-Laws and Fund info memo

Do let me know if in your opinion the working experience above is good enough for CFA charter qualification? and let me know if I dont do a good job of describing them :>

Thanks!

My opinion: Yes, your work experience qualifies.