The Hidden Gold!

For those of you like me who had no idea these stats functions existed on your financial calculator, life is about to get a whole lot easier!

You’re welcome…

http://www.300hours.com/blog/the-ultimate-list-of-ti-ba-ii-plus-calculator-tips-for-the-cfa-exams#.VB7ZfksRb1o

I think that if you read the manual, you would know that they existed.

Still…good information. Thanks for posting.

You need this sort of hand-holding if you don’t use the HP 12C – the choice of Wall Street Analysts since 1981.

It’s like driving stick-shift. Is it weird and hard to learn? Of course. But once you learn it, you get to tell everyone that you do it.

^I know how to drive a stick-shift. And in my entire life, I have impressed approximately zero people with that skill.

I would imagine the same is true with the 12C. Either I know how to do it (and realize that it’s not that big of a deal) or I don’t care enough to learn. I fall into the latter category.

That’s precisely the point. No one is impressed by RPN/manual driving. But members of both cults are very impressed with themselves.

Once you learn RPN, you will thank yourself. Once you learn to drive a stick like man, you will thank yourself, especially if you ever travel outside of America and you go to rent a car and want to avoid the car rental guy laughing at you because you can’t drive what hes renting to you.

stick [enter] RPN [+]

Real Man

The only time I am glad I can drive a stick is when I am in the car rental line at the airport anywhere outside of the US and there’s the other WASPY American couple at the desk, with their stack of 6 suitecases, that has no idea how to drive a stick and are going back and forth with the guy at the counter trying to get an automatic. They finally settle for the manual, and then in the parking lot the car lunges forward and immediatly stalls and then rolls into the other vehicles in the parking lot. I look at his wife deadcenter in the eyes and I know in her mind, as she eye Fs me, she says to herself, “I wish I had married a real man like that non-waspy tall dark handsome BSD. I bet he’s a CFA”

The only time I am glad I learned how to use the 12c was when I was taking level II and the schmuck next to me kept hammering away on his TI and grunting, while I was crushing the exam with my RPN.

Moral of the story: Sometimes when you put in a little bit of effort to learn something it can make your life easier.

^ “But you could imagine what it’d be like if she did, right?”

ME AND HER GOT IT ON!

^That’s a good point. Next time I go out, I’ll walk up to a group of hotties and say, “Hey. I know how to drive a stick. And not my own. I mean, like, on a car and what not.” I’ll probably have my pick of the litter, and I’ll take her immediately to the bathroom for a quickie.

Rinse and repeat nightly for lots of action.

And then when you tell her you know how to do Macros, thats when the kinky stuff happens.

So the moral of the story is this (for all you who have yet to begin the CFA journey): learn RPN. It’s cheaper than alcohol, and better for getting women into the sack.

+1

The best trick about the BAII Plus is watching it’s top-heavy angle of descent into the nearest waste basket seconds after completing Level 3.

Sure, you’ll still want one for work later on and have to fork over another 30 bucks, but it sure is fun to toss that f**ker in the garbage at top speed at least once.

12C 4 lyf