Passing CFA level 1 exam and Go to FRM level 1 on Nov 2015

Hey guys, how u doing,

I wonder this plan, if I fail the Dec Level 1 2014 exam I will resit, but if I pass I don’t wanna wait 1.5 years to try for level 2, so I will go for FRM level 1 this Nov.

I don’t have any risk-related job as background experience, but I’m interested in risk management and is kinda strategic for me because having CFA x1 and FRM x1 on hand allows me to move to “other” industry, the risk mgmt industry, and even have enough space yet to go back to corporate finance or IM if I don’t like.

Any advice? THanks a lot.

^Someone on here once wrote, “Nobody who has the FRM works in risk management. And nobody that works in risk management has the FRM.”

My .02 - instead of just attempting to collect letters behind your name that could possibly become useless, just focus on one set of “good” letters.

Wow, what you say is shocking. Is that absolute? Nobody? Well, you may be right, but Im sure is not useless at all, you have the knowlegde behind you and the ideas bloom with knowlegde. I need more time to decide.

THanks a lot for your answer.

It’s a figure of speech, so not, it is not completely accurate.

I agree with Greenman though. Go with CFA and try to write L2 in June (I did it and it was fine).

The truth hurts.