I need tough practice questions

Hello all.

I’m taking L1 in June and I’d like a bank of difficult practice questions to suppliment the CFAI material I’m using.

My wife (along with my cousin, a charterholder, and numerous others) have said that while the Kaplan reading material questions are good, the Q-bank is generally too easy so I’m going to steer clear of that. In a perfect world, any challenging Q-bank would include good explanations to the answers, too.

Any help is much appreciated!

you can adjust the difficulty level of Schweser’s Q-bank, and their Q-bank is more than sufficient for L1.

How 'bout the blue box + EOC questions from the CFAI textbooks? Crazy idea, I know, but it just might work.

Yeah, I do every single one. I just happen to want more so I can get the material down cold.

If you can do every single one, then you’ve got nada to worry about.

That is, until you get to Level II.

Don’t waste time then, start doing mock exams. That is as difficult as your going to get.

Well, that’s the issue. If I do get one wrong, I typically remember the question the next time around. I don’t learn much from it - I just do the question from memory.

Besides, the CFAI material can’t cover every single topic that may come up on mocks. I plan on doing at least 15 mocks in April, but I’d like to solidify my position before then.

That’s quite ambitious… a full mock exam every other day in April. Do you not work? Do you plan on reviewing each of the answers when you grade the exam(s? Do you plan on reviewing persistent weak areas in May?

My work allows me some flexibility in hours, so I believe I can swing it.

And yes, I’ll do a full review after each test.

I keep a log of all my incorrect and correct questions (I’m using CFAI and Kaplan material right now) so I have a decent idea of strengths and weaknesses, but I’d still like some more comprehensive material. I can’t imagine the 30 or so questions for each section cover all the possible questions on the test.

I think its a waste of time to do that many mocks. Say you know 60% of the material, you should spend your time studying the other 40%, not doing a mock where you have to go through a random selection of 100% of the material. More than half of that time wil be review. It feels good to get questions right but it doesn’t help improve your score.

I did 2 mocks for level 1, 2 mocks for level 2, and 2 mocks for level 3 as well as all the AM ones on the website).

Just to get down timing and to hit > 80% overall and on a few, nearly 90%.