Can CFA satisfy MBA requirement?

I have a BS in Finance and will soon be a charterholder. I am applying to new jobs, several of which state MBA preferred / required. Have any of you been in a similar position, and have argued that the CFA should satisfy this requirement? Thanks.

If the job says MBA preferred, then it’s not a requirement.

Sorry for changing the subject.

Would passing level 3 increase the chance of getting into a MBA program?

MBA is a peace of cake as compared to CFA. We should talk Phd when talking CFA.

It takes charteholders 4 years (on average) to finish the CFA program. Source: CFAI

and so it takes Phds - Finance (some are even less)

no.

I’ve been through the bschool app process for R2 this year, I’ve interviewed at three M7 schools (including two of HSW), and what I’ve found is that people are generally very impressed by the CFA charter. I’ve never once flaunted it, but it’s come up organically in conversation, say, when discussing the curriculum and the requirements to waive certain courses. Fellow applicants are often intrigued and want to discuss it and the AdCom members appear to appreciate the rigor of the program and seem pleased to hear it.

Of course, the CFA will not mask deficiencies elsewhere in your app. You’ll need to be successful in many/most other aspects of your life (professional, extracurrics, and academic). I think the charter might give you a slight leg up on the competition within your ‘bucket’, but the greatest value of the charter is recognized at the margin, where you will get the nod over another candidate, all else equal.

Full disclosure: I’ve only interviewed at schools. Final decisions start coming March 13.

Thank You. I will be attempting on B School after the CFA. I did not do too well in undergrad so I am just hoping that passing all 3 levels will help prove my dedication/competence

Hacksaw purchases begin in April 14.