CFA level 1 professional work experience and study experience

Hi,

Im posting this topic as I found only simmilar posts but Im still not sure what the answer is.

I wanna enroll for CFA lvl 1 in June 2015. The thing is, I worked for 2 years in a firm where I was just at ‘information desk’ so I sometimes answered phone calls, other times I made a short research. Is such a job eligible to register for lvl 1? (CFA says it does not have to be investment related)

The other question which is a bit stupid. I studied for like 4 years (building engineery) but I am still in second year. Could that be counted as 4 years of undergraduate practice? I mean, how strict CFA is on enforcing that?

If I choose the option of 2 years college + 2 years work, what documents should I prepare for them to prove it as they say ’ we may contact you for details’.

Please help me as today is a deadline and I would really love to go to investments and I think CFA could be the best way for me.

Let me stop you there. It is way too late to sign up for June, you are going to fail. Do yourself a favour and sign up for December.

i don’t think they are particularly zealous about verifying these details until you apply for the charter. The 2 years seems to be just 2 years spent in higher education, whether you’ve finished your degree or not. So i think 2 + 2 is ok.

thanks for your reply.

by saying ’ way too late’ do you mean its too late to master the material? I forgot to mention that I already did economics and started with quantity methods (schweser materials) but today I have to make my decision.

Has anyone had a simmilar situation like me ? Waiting for more replies.