Finished Level X, do you keep your prep books or toss them?

Hey all,

Personally, I made it over the Level 2 exam. Haven’t looked at my books since but I’m in the process of moving. Was wondering, did you all keep your prep books? Did you light them on fire? What ever became of your prep books? Thanks!

I still have all of mine. Both CFA curriculum and Schweser. Don’t really know why.

I’ve gotten rid of my CFA books. Have most of them in some form in soft copy. I had to make room for other books on my bookshelf

keeping them for my bookshelf (which one day will hopefully be a library in my castle)

I have 2 classes of CFA books:

Class 1: Actual text books that were required before CFAI (then AIMR) compiled the curriculum into their own books. I have all of them that were required for L1.

Class 2: The compiled curriculum from CFAI. I tossed L1 & L3 but kept L2.

I tossed all my Schweser materials (I was keeping them, but my office window leaked and they got wet and moldy.)

I use the real text books for reference a couple of times per year and have gone back to my L2 CFAI books a few times.

i put my books in the kicthen and i rip out pages when needed to use as a funnel for getting my whey protein into the water bottle to make my protein shake after i finish training

I still have them and - believe it or not - use them from time to time to look up a few things. Just recently I read about commodities. Therefore I won’t throw them away but keep them to look up specific topics if necessary.

And even if you don’t need the stuff anymore one can still use it to show up (see what I had to learn and understand…)-:slight_smile:

a nice bonfire sounds good

I threw every book/exam, etc. away (literally stacks upon stacks) after I passed L3 because I write all over my books so they would be just as helpful as writing with lipstick on the AM portion of Level 3.

Kept CFAI, tossed Schweser.

I kept them for a few years after, then threw them away before moving. Like Greenman, I had no idea why I kept them!

I have the soft copies of everything if I ever need them (not sure why I would but w/e).

Throwing the actual books in the recycle bin was like exercising demons. If I pass Level 3 a bonfire does sound like a good idea.