Candidates and business cards

I have seen some people in LinkedIn that put in their profile names like the following:

Albert Einstein, CFA candidate

I am afraid they use the same clarification in their business cards. It is a violation of the code because you cannot use CFA letters in your name unless you are already a charterholder; and the correct way to state you are a candidate is saying “20XX Level I candidate in the CFA program”

Yeah, that’s a violation.

Change you’re linkedin name to Mr Patel CFA Level 1 Candidate and you will get a job. Baller!

LOL

Worst thing you can do, even if it’s not a violation.

Change your real name to “CFA Candidate” and it wouldn’t be violation, LOL!

I don’t see the violation. This is a factual statement.

(Standard VII(B)): http://www.cfapubs.org/doi/pdf/10.2469/ccb.v2014.n4.1

It’s open to intrepretation.

I think there’s a couple issues at hand: putting initials or reputable title directly after your name generally refers to a designation that one has earned, and the standards clearly say you cannot imply acheiving something (which is what a designation is), but it is a factual statement; the other issue - which only relates to business cards - is that you are only a candidate when you are registered for the next exam or waiting for results, so ultimately most people will not technically be CFA candidates for periods of time while they’re in the CFA Program and I’m sure the majority of them don’t have two sets of business cards dependent on that.

My guess is that CFAI would ask you to not include it after your name because they seem to rule with an iron fist.

E-mail CFA Institute and ask them.

Pretty simple.