Should I take Level 1 exam in June 2016?

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum and would need opinions/suggestions about taking level 1 exam in June 2016.

I have master’s degree in administration (with finance as one of the specialization) and have worked in Information technology field for two years.

Currently, I am unemployed and planning to take up a career in finance and would like to take up CFA exams.

I have already gone through the Level 1 Schweser notes and found most of the topics were learnt during my masters. Depth of the topics learnt may not be the same but I have the basic idea of most of the topics.

I can study full time for the exam now. (Max 6 hrs per day)

I would like the opinion of the forum members if I should take the exam in June 2016 given the short time frame. I already see people completing the CFA books and I fear i may be too late for June 2016 attempt. Also, I haven’t read continuously like a student in the past two years

Or

Should I give the exam in December 2016? (Disadvantage being wasting almost one year for Level 1 with full time)

Thanks for your time!

If you can study full time for 100+ days and already have a background covering the material then you are certainly still in a very good position. I had less time than you while working full time (in finance but much of the material was unfamiliar), so it can definitely be done.

How long is a piece of string?

You have more than enough time to prepare if you aren’t working. I passed L1 last June with a full time job and hadn’t started studying at this point. I think I started in late February.

Agre with the above, if you aren’t working and can study full time between now and the exam, you have ample time to do what you need to to pass. Especially as you have previous exposure to financial topics from your prior studies.

If you don’t pass the June exam, it won’t be because you didn’t have enough time! :wink:

You have sufficient time. Writing in June is the one way that you get to have sufficient time for the other levels as well. Studying gives you a sense of direction, especially when you are unemployed. It gives you purpose, and is the most productive use of your time. Please just go for it.

You have everything to gain by starting now.

Thanks Guys!!!

I have started with FRA and was able to complete one study session in 3 days with slow reading. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the affirmation.

Thanks for posting this query , As I had same question and as I was studying online I was confused about my actual chances