How has the CFA syllabus changed ?

Dear forum members,

I initially enrolled for CFA level 1 in early 2015 (to sit in June 2015). However due to various circumstances I couldnt sit the exam then. I am now starting my preparation for the Dec 2016 level 1 exam. My question - are the June 2015 CFA core syllabus and Schwser exam prep books still relevant for the Dec 2016 exam? How much has the syllabus changed?

I have to spend $860 to register for the CFA exam and I will get the official EBOOK, but am wondering whether it makes sense to spend another $349-$600 on new Schweser material, or just use the June 2015 books I already have.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

My personal opinion, don’t pay for Kaplan’s materials again. The information should change very little. Do yourself a favor and compare the ebook to Kaplan’s materials and if any changes occur, go with the CFA material.

One thing I would recommend is for you to purchase Kaplan’s Qbank. I leaned on that for my Q1 study. I think it’s $300, if you think the remainder is worth the additional funds, go for it.

For level 2 and level 3, I still purchased Kaplan’s Qbank but I used CFAI materials for L2 and CFAI materials and Elan for study materials.

Good luck!