Violation Report - Time called

Hi All,

I am CFA L3 candidate. Very bad news received friday evening. A violation report was sent to me due to the fact that the proctor has considered that I have continued to write “a few words after time was called” (it is written like that in the violation report). To be clear and fully honest, it was wrong. Once the proctor said : “stop writing immediately”, I stopped and I am sure that I did not write during the moment she said "If you are continued to write… She did not inform me after the morning or during the afternoon exam that she wrote a violation report against me. So the first time, I have heard about this very bad news, it was last friday…

I don’t know exactly what I have to do, and what are my chances to obtain a stop from Personal Conduct Program to investigate on my case and cancel the violation report ?

Could anyone give me advice, help, template of answers. ???

Many thanks all,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news…

the best outcome you will get from this is a voiding of your exam. You’ll have to forego your exam fees. If you want to have any chance of taking it next year, i would suggest fessing up to the crime. Otherwise, the “investigation” is likely going to take too long to resolve before the deadline to sign up for the 2017 exam. If you don’t want to go that route, you can fight it. However, it’s inevitable that you will ultimately lose. They will still void your 2016 exam results. and you won’t be able to take the L3 exam again until 2018 at the earliest.

wow that’s intense!

Yeah sucks, no chance it gets cancelled, just wait and take it again in a year or two.

wouldn’t you be able to contest it? I mean it’s literally your word against the proctor. And there’s no real way to prove it one way or anything. Innocent until guity right?

Except they’ll believe the proctor.

wow that’s so shallow of them…

How else would they write someone up for cheating if they couldn’t trust the proctor’s word?

except this isn’t the U.S. justice system

this is where you are at an extreme disadvantage. Some jackass making minimum wage can take away a year or two of hard work.

Arreter d’ecrire immediatement des moyens de cesser d’ecrire immediatement.

#DesoleMonAmi

This is why it’s important to wear a watch with a countdown timer to make sure you stop writing with a few seconds left versus being at the mercy of a proctor’s judgement of whether a violation occurred.

y u cheat alex?

Did you just go on every investigation email and ask them why they cheat? lol jeez

Actually they make $30/hr. Only reason I know is because I asked to inquire how I could become a future CFA exmaination proctor. They didn’t like that at all. They shot me down for it because they’re all elementary and middle school teachers who probably do make minimum wage at their normal jobs.

That’s why I feel like sometimes these proctors have a chip on their shoulders when they proctor these exams. They might not make a lot, but I’m sure they know the CFA and they’ve done their research and they know the growth potential this exam has and they’re just salty they’re not in our shoes.

Are you always this bitter or just having a bad day?

Yeah dude. I’m so bitter. U mad bro?

what is with the people that cannot time an exam? i have a friend who said he left four questions UNANSWERED in the morning session of L2. not even filled in. jeesh