Study option before doing CFA

If a person from an IT background want to become a portfolio manager. How should he start his career.Should he directly go for CFA or he should do some master degree course then find a job and after that try to sit for CFA Exam level 1

Would be close to impossible to be a fundamental PM, but you can always work for one of those quant shops like Two Sigma, DE Shaw, Tower Research and the like…

If my final goal is to become a portfolio manager, how should i start my career now. I think directly going for CFA would not be the correct way. Which course or certification I can go for before doing CFA which will help me to enter the financial industry atleast as a financial analyst?

Walk into JPMorgan resume in hand and say you’ve always wanted to be a portfolio manager.

It matters less that you have an IT background than whether you are an actually impressive individual. If you are the best IT guy around, went to MIT, can work for any company you want, then there are many options available to you. If you are just some normal guy, then pretty much forget it.