Is there any way I can still apply for the CFA exam part I in December 2016?

Hello,

I recently graduated college in May 2016 and was interested in taking the CFA exam. I am completely new to the CFA exam so I have absolutely no idea how the process works. Is there any way I am able to register for the CFA exam in Dec 2016 or is it to late? I have not registered for anything yet relating to the CFA.

The registration window for December 2016 exam has closed. You can only register for June 2017 now.

There is a flat one-time enrollment fee of $450 and then there is another fee for exam registration. If you do it before February 2017 the fee will be $930, after which it will become $1380.

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/register/Pages/fee_schedule.aspx

What’s up with people not reading instructions and asking others on unofficial forums these days? What the f does “I have absolutely no idea how the process works” mean?

^Googling cfa December registration deadline takes far less time than advertising I need to be spoonfed. It’s not even laziness… it’s really amazing if you ask me…

This is my experience of modern junior workers. The reason is it takes less time to ask someone who knows than find the answer yourself. Don’t worry about wasting my time obviously…

Yeah, sure, what the hell, I’m sure that CFAI will make an exception of its strict and well-known rules just for you, bud.

I disagree with you guys. When you are new to a field you are better off asking those with experience than just read the legislation on your own. For example, you can buy and read the entire US legal and tax codes but you will still consult a professional when making a decision.

Troll

Mate, I can sign you up through a loophole. Just give me your full name, credit card payment information and preferred testing center. I’ll also need an address to mail out your CFAI books…

Agreed. I don’t know why the rest of you are being so harsh. A simple “no” would have sufficed. Otherwise don’t reply at all.

To OP, sign up for June 2017.

OP didn’t even ask for an exception. He just didn’t know the rules. Not asking anyone to bend them just for him.

no I disagree, I think OP should get chewed out some. he can call and ask CFAI directly, the CFA website is already very clear on the deadlines, and AF is still a collection of anonymous strangers on the internet. if anything , an answer from CFAI is far more reliable