Suspected Cheating: Notice of Investigation Writing after time is called

Hi Everyone

I was hoping i could get some advice, i wrote CFA Level 1 in December 2016 and i just received an email yesterday regarding an investigation regarding suspected cheating due to writing after the exam was called. I was not actually writing my pen was down once the time was called however my book was open and i was not aware that if my book is open its a violation, the exam proctor did approach me when she told me that i should close my book she did not say to me that i must stop writing however in the violation report that was written out on the exam day she said that she had mentioned to me twice that i must stop writing. I was able to contact a candidate that was sitting directly next to me on my left hand side and she said she will confirm that the proctor had only approached me once to say i must close my book. i was not aware that the proctor had filled in a violation report until i received an email from regarding the investigation.

I have also made an effort to go to the venue where the exam was held in an attempt to get CCTV footage to prove that i was not writing however the camera closest to me was blocked for some reason and the other camera in front is not very clear you can see me but its very difficult to tell if i have any writing material in my hand.

I have read many previous posts regarding this and the outcome was usually void of the exam result. I was hoping i could get some advice moving forward. I do know that the investigation is very long and i could miss the next exam in June. I also wanted to know that the possible sanction would be and if i would be able to write again either in June or December.

Thanking you all in advance!

tl;dr

Basically you’re screwed. Just hope you don’t get a long ban, and you can apply to go again asap.

99.8% of the time, you’d be toast. But the fact that you could get a written report from the candidate that was sitting directly next to you says that there is a fighting chance.

#GoodLuck

I believe that it was for last June’s test that a member here reported that he’d been cited for writing after the time limit, and ended up being acquitted; in any case, it’s possible (though rare).

Best of luck.

I think they give you an opportunity to respond, right? I’d say just describe your case as mentioned here and hope for the best. Worst case is that you get voided, but it’s not like anyone recognizes this certification… right?