Regarding violation of cfa standards and code of ethics

Good morning as here in india,ive recently gave cfa level 1 dec 2016.on jan 4 ive got the msg on the behalf of pcp by cfa institute which says “The Professional Conduct Program has received the attached Violation Report from the 2016 December CFA exam, and has opened an investigation to inquire further. As we have opened an investigation, your exam results are being withheld pending the final outcome of our processes. Additionally, please note that during the course of the investigation, you are not eligible to participate in the CFA Program and your ability to participate in other CFA Institute testing programs may be restricted”

After receiving this mail i got **** scared,still i am but i know i havnt done anything wrong …there was an confidential file inside which said the above words

And then it says about the investigation process and what cfa institute wants from me…

I immediately replied to that mail that i havent done anything to voilate the rules and regulations of cfa institute and standars of professional conduct…

But after some days ,today when i checked the analyst forum i realised that i might be writing at the time when proctors announces to put the pen down…and after 5-6 sec later i put my pen down which i assumes genrally it takes that much amt of time by candidates to put the pens down and closed the answer books…

I just want to ask should i tell them about this or not because investigation process is just started and they even didnt told me about my charges

one thing more “am i not able to see my result which is coming on 24 of this month”???

Please guide me as im **** scared what to say to my parents about that…i dont know what to do…

Sorry but this was a very incorrect assumption. This is cheating.

As above, you’re unlikely to get out of this one.

Next time aim to have your pen (which I hope was actually a pencil!) down in advance of time being called. Given the frequent reports of how strict the governance is I prefer to leave no margin for error.

I think as soon as they say pens down, you need to drop the pencil like you would a hot potato.

This is absolutely the case. The instructions leading up to and directly before the exam (as announced by the ‘Lead Proctor’) are very clear about this.

As far as I remember when I took these exams I had a stopwatch and they would pretty much call time to the near second of my stopwatch.

I usually finished early and much before they called time, I knew it was coming. No way I was touching my pencil within the last 5 seconds or so, much less 6 seconds after time. It probably takes 1/10 second to drop a pencil. Someone goes through this year after year. I can’t grasp why this is so hard.

I appreciate everyone for telling me my assumption was wrong…i did a terrible mistake…please tell me the appropriate solution of this…should i mail pcp that “i think i didnt close my book and have pen in my hand for 3-4 sec after proctors called  to put the pens down”…they have not told me about my charges right now…its just they need my early response to the probable charges as they say…should i informed my parents about it?..n what will happen now? When will i be able to  see my result??  Whats next for me…i mean if i dont clear the test…im okay then…ive got nothing to loose…but i was very confident enough to clear the exam right from 4 dec2016 after giving the test…and this mail has added tension on me…did anyone gone through this procedure…god forbid i dont want anyone …but what should i do…can i allowed to go to the exam centre to check the cctv footage as it was close to my house?? Im sorry for asking so many questions…i hope ya’ll  understand my situation…

Your results are gonna get voided (meaning you will not get your results back). You won’t get suspended from the program most likely, and you’re gonna have to pay to take it again at a later date.

this is based on multiple threads I read on this site.

You are correct. CCTV is the answer. You’re going to have trouble getting the videos so probably best to alert the FBI for footage.

Just take it like a man and retake it, hopefully the ban is not too long. If you are still writing when the time is almost up then you probably had no business passing the exam anyway. At least for L1 and L2.

The best way to avoid this risk is to put your pencil down at least 30 seconds before time expiring. With due respect to each candidate, I am quite sure that such PCP cases are strongly positively correlated with insufficient preparedness of candidates.

good morning guys,hope you must have one,

I’d contacted several of my friends and my faculties regarding this .They just told me "you dont need to say that you didn’t closed your book and have pen in your hand for 3-4 sec after proctors called to put the pens down as they (pcp) didnt told you about your charges…

and one more thing ive asked the PCP that am i allowed to see my cctv footage as test centre was near to my house…I’d need your authority before going to the test centre …

and they told me “Please be advised that video, closed circuit, or surveillance cameras are not allowed in the testing room during the exam as a matter of policy. Video monitoring is not employed or retained by CFA Institute; therefore, there is no video footage to be reviewed relative to your case; however, please know that we are committed to providing a fair and objective process for all members and candidates”

i didnt know about it…it was a new information to me…so yeah im probably waiting for my statement of charges and then rethink what to do…this whole thing has just blown me physiologically and psychologically and this is the second time i gave cfa level 1…so yeah thats that…am not continuing again.whatever be the result…im done at least for cfa…it was a good learning process…

Tough situation, sorry to hear it.

Don’t give up fulfilling your original plan, and good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlRcqe6wg6A

#LittleSuperstar

This can’t be real. I think someone is just imitating indian english and trolling. No one can be THIS dumb.

umm sir there is one person who is that much dumb and yeah thats probably me…I’ve finally got my voilation report and it says that “candidate was writing after the time is called” and the “time of voilation is 12:04”…I’m definately sure that i cannot be writting for 4 minutes after the time is called, it could be some couple of seconds…but i contacted PCP and i drafted the formal diplomatic mail to them and said sorry for whatever happened.I apologise to them…i didnt tell them that according to me, i could have been writing for couple of seconds but not for 4 mins.i thought in either ways fault is my own so its best to accept it…ive got no reply since then…

can anyone tells me what probably will happens next??

#URScrewed

I would imagine you will get your results voided and have to resit the exam.

U said sorry right? You admitted you didn’t know that ‘pens down’ actually meant that you had to put ur pen down instantly?

It sounds like you admitted to breaking the rules dude. It doesn’t matter if you were just doodling, drawing a penis, or even writing the final answer. The point is that pens down’ means ‘pens down’.

The integrity of the CFA is down to the fact each of its members can follow basic ethics and a code. If you can’t even put ur pen down when ur told to…then how is anyone supposed to trust you? (rhetorical question).

You messed up. You broke the rules. You’re a cheat. If you’re lucky they will let you test again in 2017…

lawyer up little cubby…make sure you mention the pats get away with cheating al the time but you were not cheating you were only doing tricks with the pencil in your left hand to impress the chick to your left