Micheal Hlinka and UofT

Guys I am writing this post to save anyone from taking the course with Michael Hlinka at university of Toronto school of continuing education it’s a big con he provides false pass rates claiming he has an 88% pass rate in 2016 even though his actual pass rate is just around 17% because around 17 out only 100 students passed.

Anyone who passes the CFA doesn’t pass it because of Michael Hlinka they pass it because they’re taking it with another CFA provider he doesn’t explain anything useful finishes every single study session in a single session with all the readings please avoid Michael Hlinka it’s a big con

Thank you kind sir from saving us all from the awful tyranny of Michael Hlinka.

What has this become, ratemyprofessors.com?

Did all 100 people ‘surveyed’ also pass Hlinka’s course (i.e. 60% and above in the course material). Hlinka’s statistic is based on; “of the following people who pass my class (i.e. >60% in the course), this is the percentage who pass on the exam”. The only way you could confirm if all 100 people ‘surveyed’ actually passed his course would be by asking the man himself. Did you do that? Many people im sure fail the course due to extra curricular commitments that make the intense schedule hard, so many of the 100 people ‘surveyed’ may have done just that. Lastly, I would like to add from experience that there are more than 100 people in each class.

I also doubt that when representing a globally recognized institution (University of Toronto), Michael, someone who I believe is trustworthy, caring, and very intellectual would dare jeopardize both his and U of T’s integrity. Im sure his proud CFA charter would also be called into question should this be true.

As someone who used Hlinka for the Level 2 Exam, I can say with absolute certainty that while working in the field, without Hlinka’s guidance, notes, classes and commentary I wouldn’t have been able to be prepared on time.

As I have much respect for Michael myself, this is just my viewpoint. I clearly disagree with what you said, but I’m happy to move forward without an argument.

Creative handle there Michael.

Hard to prove either way, but pass rates do seem pretty high for Levels II & III:

Level I - 86% Level II - 92% Level III - 94.4%

I suppose it may be plausible if, as “The Realist” proposes above, they only count people who pass the course, so it would be a form of sample within a sample, but the website only refers to candidates who have “completed our series of … workshops” and they should probably clarify the questionable use of statistics.

http://learn.utoronto.ca/courses-programs/business-professionals/passing-the-chartered-financial-analyst-exam

-----//—

-----////

THis post is ridiculous. There’s a reason 170 candidates are in his CFA level 2 course this year paying 3500. He’s not writing the exam for you. If you follow the study plan, do the questions and stay up with the stuff you’ll be good to go.

If candidates dont write his papers, attend his class write his final exams - how can you pass rate than? It’s a conditional probability of passing given that you take his course properly.

Obviously you failed so your’re venting. good luck next time.

Yeah, so it appears to be a sample within a sample. Dodgy statistics and perhaps a case of misrepresentation in terms of the pass rates presented on the website.

So did you sign up to this course believing it would give you a 90-100% chance of passing the exam?

I signed up for his course currently enrolled took all his quizzes and exams got high scores in all of them only because I am signed up with ARIF (IFT prep ) and doing the question bank regularly but he doesn’t explain anything during his lectures

his lectures are a complete and utter waste of time Michael hlinka is nothing but a huge scam

Thank you again for exposing the fraud propagated by the diabolical Michael Hlinka. He is sure to rank among the 21st century’s greatest villains, along with Kanye West and that kid who played Joffrey in Game of Thrones.

I think we’ve got the picture.