3 hours late to Series 63 and passed with 70%.

My boss mentioned at about 11:30 that she thought I was scheduled to take the 63 today… (I thought it was tomorrow) It was already two hours after my start time. I rushed down to the center with no guarrantees that they’d let me test. After waiting for an hour by the grace of god they let me test. I scored 70% - 42/60. One more wrong I would have been fired. I could only retest after 30 days and my 6 months are up 9/30… and I am leaving on vacation to Russia/France on the 12th…

Hence the state of the economy. I rest my case.

^ whatever, mr. pomp 3 for 3 in the last 2 months. L2, 7 and 63. for me, 63 was harder than L2

I might do my Series 63. Is that the one that makes you a US PM? Willy

Series 63 = Uniform Agent State Law Examination

I have a 63 and there’s no way it’s harder than L2. You may have been more stressed as far as inconvenient circumstances go, but c’mon, it’s not harder than L2.

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I might do my Series 63. Is that the one that > makes you a US PM? > > Willy priceless sarcasm

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for me, 63 was harder than L2 Really? All you need to do is read through the book once and you’ll pass. It is just a bunch of laws that are pretty straightforward. I took the 66 (which is the 63 and 65 combined), and I thought it was harder than the 7. But none of these tests compare to the CFA exams.

Nothing beat doing practice questions in Calculus by Michael Spivak :-/

wow, that sucks. nice job.

Good job. Why did you wait six months to take it? CFA related delay?

Series 66 is even harder as the passing score is 71% :wink: That is a good story…you owe your boss a beer or something.

I thought 63 was a computerized exam (i.e., can take any time). If you miss you simply reschedule (I thought the 30 days only applied if you tried and failed), even if that means having to drive / travel to a more inconvenient site.

I heard this lady at work fretting about the 63 and I wanted to laugh. Isn’t that the easiest test ever? I mean don’t those two-bit penny stock pushers pass that.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good job. Why did you wait six months to take it? > CFA related delay? Yup. I started my new job 3/31 and I had until 9/30 to become 7 and 63 registered. For the first half of that period I was studying for L2. If was a bit of a risk to ignore my registrations for that long, but it paid off. If was nice to see the email to the entire division (distribution) that I had passed L2.

It further proves how easy the Series 63 exam is…

I honestly looked at the series 63 exam for 2 hours and took the exam and passed with an 86 in like 30 minutes. The 63 was probably the easiest exam I have taken in my professional life…The Level 2 of the CFA probably the most difficult. To make the statement that the 63 was tougher makes me question whether you really even took the Level 2…I’m sure you did but your statement abut its difficulty is over the top to say the least.

My hardest exam in my professional life was urine test…

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My hardest exam in my professional life was urine > test… Maybe you shouldn’t be jerking off when you’re trying to pee?

RAwannabeCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I honestly looked at the series 63 exam for 2 > hours and took the exam and passed with an 86 in > like 30 minutes. > > The 63 was probably the easiest exam I have taken > in my professional life…The Level 2 of the CFA > probably the most difficult. To make the > statement that the 63 was tougher makes me > question whether you really even took the Level > 2…I’m sure you did but your statement abut its > difficulty is over the top to say the least. Oh come on. Have a sense of humor.