Dec 08 study materials

Hi guyz, plz is there any much different with dec 08 material with the dec09 materials? am yet to pay for the dec 2009 and have been readin the 2008 stuff. hop am not wastin my time

I was wondering this too. I am in a similar situation.

very little difference…so continue studying…once you get the CFAI books you can note the differences

luckily i still have this information. the following pages of the 2008 schweser books are not applicable to the 2009 exam: BOOK 2: 171-175, 186-199 BOOK 3: 134-203(end 38.b), 204-205(end 38.d), 212-215(end 38.h), 220-237(end 39.g). 282-305 BOOK 4: 186-239 BOOK 5: 85-90 since they added new sections, you’ll have to read those from the textbook

bigcolombian, I’m guessing you are from colombia. My family is from Medellin. Do you have any interest in the Latam market. Aside from Brazil, I don’t see much activity from people who have the CFA and working out of any Latin Am. countries. Can any one provide any insights on this?

I’m half Colombian. My dad was born in Tunja. However, I am pretty much as gringo as they get. I am very white and have blue eyes, and I have forgotten almost all of my Spanish. If I were to take the time to actually use it and relearn it, I am sure that I could.

@bigcolombian so hhaw far about the probability hope its not that much hard to graps i believe quants should be the easiest to master

missionCFA, that is a Latin motto meaning “dare something worthy”.

I know. Whenever I get tired of studying, I use it as a motivational device. What distinguishes us from everyone else, is the lengths we take to attain what we can only dream to attain. And perhaps if we dare to meet life in the the face, we can understand that we are more than conquerors. -D

Sorry, missionCFA, I misunderstood! I thought you were asking for insights into it - didn’t get that it was your tag!

No prob. Not to get too much off topic, but I think we all need to have a reminder of why we’re going through hell for the next few years. Anyway, if you go on the Stalla website, if you search for the differences in LOS from 08-09, they will give you a a table, describing the differences per LOS. Not much. So AbbaCFA, continue Schweser, and on these sections that hav changed, refer to CFA I text. You will be fine. -D.

thanks missionCFA i really appreciate…