Mock Up

I will be completing my revisions hopefully by this weekend. I am wondering if I should start with the easier version of mockups. I am in possession of : 1. Schweser Practice Mockups 2. CFAI Mockups 3. Elan Mockups (need to order). Which one should I start with? This is to ensure that I boost my scores and confidence as I move along. Thanks

i’ve done a sprinkle of each. schweser seems easiest to me. than the CFAI mock. ELAN seems slightly harder than the actual CFAI, but pretty comparable.

Schweser Vol I(has 3 exams) followed by Elan followed by CFA Mock(at least 10 days before the original exam on Dec 5th)

You’ll probably score the lowest and learn the most from the Elan mocks.

beatthecfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’ll probably score the lowest and learn the > most from the Elan mocks. Elan is interesting. My scores are very volatile. I really don’t think these mock exams are giving me a good estimate of where I am at. Ethics - 77.78% also, have scored in the high 80’s but then low 60’s at times. Econ - 66.67% FSA - 83.33% but this one fluctuates a lot could be 60’s or 70’s also Quant - 67% Equity - 71% PM - 67% Alt - 57% FI - 71% Corp - 73% also something that is very important, even if you score really high on a section, doesn’t mean that you know it well. And even if you score low on a section, doesn’t mean you don’t know it well.

allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > beatthecfa Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You’ll probably score the lowest and learn the > > most from the Elan mocks. > > > Elan is interesting. My scores are very volatile. > I really don’t think these mock exams are giving > me a good estimate of where I am at. > > Ethics - 77.78% also, have scored in the high 80’s > but then low 60’s at times. > Econ - 66.67% > FSA - 83.33% but this one fluctuates a lot could > be 60’s or 70’s also > Quant - 67% > Equity - 71% > PM - 67%, but then one time got 100% > Alt - 57% > FI - 71% > Corp - 73% > > also something that is very important, even if you > score really high on a section, doesn’t mean that > you know it well. And even if you score low on a > section, doesn’t mean you don’t know it well.

OK. I guess will start with Elan mockups and them move to CFAI mockups. Is it alright to ignore Schweser?

I am planning to start with Elan mockups and then take up CFAI mocks, hope this will help me.

Good to hear that you guys think the elans are difficult. Im getting my ass kicked right now and have actually been getting worried. Ive only taken the first one but lets just say it wasn’t good.

Is the Schweser live mock harder or easier than their regular book of mocks? I took it recently and felt it was harder than any Stalla Mock I have taken. Thoughts? I have not taken the CFAI mock yet plan on doing it next Saturday. And for anyone interested I just saw on Elan’s site they have a half mock available for free.

I took the first Elan Mocks and found it useful in terms of tricky questions…I had no clue on Econ questions at all…finding difficult to interpret the graphs related to markets, any tips on shoring up on this? any videos on youtube which will be helpful? Also, I scored heavily in Corp Fin / Equity Investments / Deriv / AI, fairly in FI / FRA / Ethics, poorly in Quants / Econ / PM…I am sulking :-))