Schweser Q-Bank

First, I want to tell everyone who passed, Congrats. And those who didn’t, keep at it. You’ll pass sooner or later.

But my question is for those who used Q-bank and wrote the CFA exam level 1, are the questions very similiar to the test? I have all the questions on hard and so far I got:

Ethics: 75%

Quantitative Methods: 39%

Economics: 38% (Micro killed me)

FRA: 78%

These results are a bit concerning but are the hard questions anything like the level of difficulty of the exam? I’d appreciate the input. Thanks.

The level of difficulty is very similar as the real exam, its wording is clear and covers most of the topics. The problem is that you may get used to the type of questions Q Bank has so you may end up scoring better in the qbank. Right before the exam, you should be scoring close to 80% in the qbank self-tailored exams.

Agreed, 80% or more is necessary to feel confident. If you can do this consistently without any major gaps in a particular area, you should be fine.

qbank is good, practice exams are better. a mid 80’s in qbank is about a mid 70s in practice exams. that’s probably a pass, but i made sure to get 80s in practice exams and passed comfortably.

WHen you guys say schweser Q-banks do you guys mean the end of each subsection concept checkers?

No, the questions from schweser website.

When you did the Q-bank, did you have the settings set to advanced only? Or did you have all of them (Basic,Intermediate,Advanced)?

hi i have just completed study session 3 plz tell which is the best time for solving sample papers?

I used the Advanced+Intermediate option & Scored between 90-75. However i did not rely on it too much, the real exam questions will be a tad harder.

Im on pace to finish all my readings by the end of march, and will have all april and march to review. I havent dont any Q-banks from the schweser q-bank, only the concept checkers at the end of the readings. DO you think i should take 2 days a week to do q-banks and maybe delay my readings until may or reading the notes first and just doing the q-banks and practice exams in april and may is better?

@Hamada What I do personally, is when I’m reading the study session, I’ll write down either a formula and its defintion on a flashcard because it makes me grasp the material better. Also, after each reading, I’ll do questions on the concept checker and do questions from Quiz management to check where I’m at and what I need to go over again. The hard part is that it’s easy to forget things from past sections.