Passed Level 1 but should I re-take it or do Level 2?

[original post removed]

You can’t register for level 2 if you didn’t pass level 1, so that aught to make the decision pretty easy.

If you have passed Level 1, do not think about retaking it … is it even technically possible? No one will care what score you got in the individual topic areas. The important think is that you passed! Move on to Level 2 and try to ace FRA but more importantly, just try to PASS again!

Getting a lower score in Ethics on the exam does not mean you are unethical … it may actually indicate that you are ‘overly’ ethical - trying to do the very, very ‘right’ thing 100% of the time rarely gets you full points on the exam. If it did, it would be much easier to identify the correct answer.

All the best

I don’t believe CFA institute releases the scores in each individual section to external parties. They send it to you in an email and I think you can check it on the website too, but it doesn’t work like a transcript where your employer’s HR department will be able to verify it.

Strangest thought process ever! Doubt it would even be possible.

You might not want to start this thread the day after 63% of L1 takers failed and have no choice about retaking L1 or attempting L2.

Just plain weird.

The French are different :slight_smile:

les Anglais sont trop étrange

oui cest vrai

I’m not sure that I understand what’s going on, but here’s my professional advice: If you passed Level 1, take Level 2. If you did NOT pass Level 1, then take Level 1.

Why do you want to apply to an accounting job? CFA ususally doesn’t lead to expertise in accounting.

How in the world did you fail both FRA & Ethics (not to mention Derivatives too), the two most heavily weighted topics and still pass???

This would make a good ethics question.

Joe Smith has just passed the CFA level I exam. He wishes to work in accounting, however the financial reporting section of the CFA exam was his lowest scoring section. Joe should

1. Retake level I, because it’s unethical because your employer will think you had a passing score in financial reporting when you really did poorly.
  2. Retake Level I, because your employer will think you are bad at accounting
  3. Not retake level I because the reasoning in choices a) and b) is dumb.

Love it.

LOOOOOOOOOL what kind of a topic is this??? Are you just bragging about having passed, or are you really thinking of that?

French are not wierd, he is :slight_smile:

Please tell me you’re trolling.

I only got less than 50% in one area, Econ and have to resit Level 1.

this is awesome. can’t stop laughing yes

surprise

LOOOOOL … u gotta be the first person I have ever heard who passed any of the CFA exams and wants to resit it. That doesn’t even make any sense and I highly doubt it is even possible. I am sure one of the guys who have failed are more than happy to trade their fail with you pass so you can sit CFA level 1 again.

P.s. accounting = ACA,ACCA, CPA, CMA, CIMA, AIA but not CFA!!! CFA has nothing to do with the kind of accounting you are talking about. So celebrate that you passed and if u are worried about ur employer, take one of the above qualifications.

I hope OP is just trolling …

Yeah, as a CPA who works in accounting, I’m gonna go with Kaveh on this one. Nobody in accounting will give a crap about passing Level 1 of the CFA exam. Once you pass Level 2, you MIGHT get the attention of somebody in a valuation shop, but I don’t consider that “accounting”, per se.

At any rate–taking Level 1 when you have passed Level 1 is retarded (if it’s even possible).