What to do after reading all Schweser

Hi guys

I need your help in this one. I am probably finishing reading all five Schweser’s books in the end of the week.

I did all the concept checkers but frankly I dont think im ready for the exam. I was wondering what are the next steps for the preparation. Mock exams? QBank?

Thanks ahead

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-i-forum/91329823

This thread may help.

thank you!

You’ll soon find that the concept checkers in Schweser are WAY different than the CFAI EOC Questions.

Came here to ask this exact question!

EPhilly, whats your suggestion then? QBank all the way?

Thanks

There are EOC questions in the CFAI text that do not even show up in the Schweser Q bank…but there are people that consistently pass using solely Schweser and there people that pass using solely CFAI. I failed band 8 first time around and I am currently reading CFAI books and using Schweser Q bank.

Are those EOC questions the practice problems in the end of each Study Session in the CFA Curriculum?

Yes. Do not skip them because they are official from CFAI. You might find some questions basic or like a piece of cake, but do not overlook them. Many people failed because they don’t understand thoroughly basic concepts while they can be very good at pluging numbers in formulas …

You should read the summary at the end of each reading to see what are not covered in S-Notes and fill the holes if any. When study for the second round, I watched video lectures on youtube to retain materials as well

Good luck with your studying :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, TheLakeHouse.

Anything to add apart frm the EOC problems??

Best regards

After going through all the EOCs, take as many practice tests as you can - Schweser provides between three and six depending on your package, and the CFA Institute provides an official mock on the website. If you take only one practice test, make it the CFAI Mock as it will be the closest thing to what you’ll see on exam day.

Perfect.

I will try the following: I’ll go thru all the EOCs, then on the weekdays ill try to answer a few questions from QBank everyday and on the weekend I’ll do a Schweser mock exam and finally i will review the parts where I struggled!