How important is remembering formulas while studying?

So I know remembering formulas are important for CFA level 1.

But my question is how important is remembering the formulas while you read all 6 chapters on the CFA?

When I first started out, I would copy every formula I saw on a flash card and try to remember each one. However with SO MANY formulas, I figured it took too much time and I just simply glossed over it.

After finishing reading a session, I am able to answer most of the conceptual questions in both Schweser and EOC.

However the ones I never get right are the ones with formulas, because I simply did not bother to remember them.

I feel like it’s something I just have to remember, plug and chug and wala.

My plan was to first finish reading all 6 chapters(prob finish mid May latest), then print out a formula sheet with all the formulas and try to memorize them/flash cards/etc. I have not looked at the mock/practice tests on Schweser yet, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Get the concepts first n forget formulas for the time being

Its only due to paucity of time u need formulas as u can’t derive them in xam. Now learn them n u will retain.

Note cards and more note cards - the formulas are an important part of the curriculum - get used to getting them in your head, it’s good practice for L2 when the forumla load really picks up…

Second jayman’s post - there’s a lot, but you have to get them down. It takes time - a last minute cram doesn’t work with that many. So give a review of the formulas for each section/reading before you quiz.

I have a formula sheet that i can share with u.just send me yr email in my inbox. Good luck