Schweser Qbank - basic, intermediate, advanced

Hi,

just wondering, does anyone know what the point of these question difficulty categories is? On the CFA exam will there only be advanced level questions, or basic as well? So what setting characterizes the real test the best, leaving out basic/intermediate ones, or not?

Tx

Good question, I’ve been doing the mocks with all three difficulties as I’m pretty sure the actual exam will have all three types of questions on it. But some of the basic questions are maybe too easy and may inflate your scores…

Maybe we should be asking these on lvl 2/3 forums… :slight_smile:

On L2/3, it will make a difference. “Basic” questions will be “here’s the information–answer the question” like you see on L1. Intermediate/advanced will be “here’s a vignette–answer six questions”, like you see on L2.

Don’t know if there’s a whole lot of difference at L1, though.

Ok, but are there basic type of questions on the CFA exam as well, or this type of question is just for boosting the candidates confidence during the preparation?

In all levels of the exam, there are easy questions, hard questions, and medium questions. Don’t know what that has to do with Schweser, though.

So I just did a mock exam from the Schweser practice exams book and it was harder than the Qbank - only managed to get 65% - maybe try doing those if the Qbank is too easy?

CFAI exams are more conceptual. IMO Schweser "easy’ questions are to be done when you have just studied a concept. the intermediate and advanced questions to be done during review. CFAI EOC- the best indicator of how the institute approaches the curriculum.

I have the books from 2012…are the questions from them okay to do, or do I need to get the questions from newer books? I’ve also been wondering the same thing regarding the “ease” of questions. Right now, I have a 77% average on quant and a 76% average on Econ (I’ve been led to believe that 70% is a good minimum threshold to shoot for) but I am worried that the questions are a bit…easy.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I didn’t want to create another one just for the following question:

I’ve been using the QBank for a few days, but I find it way too easy. How can I adjust the difficulty to filter out non-advanced stuff?

I am using the Schweser Qbank and I don’t even see an option to use different difficulties. It just lists the questions per subject and you either do them or you don’t; it doesn’t tell you whether they are basic, intermediate or advanced. Am I missing something?