How many MOCKS?

I was wondering… How many mocks are you going to take before the exam?

Done 3 AM mocks and 3 PM mocks. Not scored very highly on those so planning on doing some review and then aiming to have done about 10 AM and 10 PM in total before the exam. I think that should be enough?

Wow, that’s a lot :slight_smile: I’ve got CFAI and Soleadea online mock. Anything else to be recommended? I’m starting with mocks tomorrow and planning to do 1AM and 1PM each week.

Hopefully about 8.

Does CFAI make previous year mocks available online anywhere?

About 8, 6 from Schewser and 2 from CFAI…

Question - On the CFAI website under Mock exams, it lists what appears to be two different exams.

1 - Mock Exam: Mock Exam - AM and PM Sessions

2- Mock Exam: March Mock Exam - AM and PM Session

Am I right in saying that there are two separate full exams or am interpreting that incorrectly?

You’re right , there’s two.

i passed june 2013… took 7 mocks

dont do schweser mocks… they screw you and are not indicative of exam.

I agree that Schweser mocks are not indicative of the score. CFAI mock will tell you where you’re at. If you break 70% on CFI mock, you’re likely in good shape. If you can’t break 70% on CFAI mock, you’re probably not in good shape.

I disagree - do as many as you can. Not sure how this guy thinks the Schweser mocks “screw” him but, while the CFAI mocks are more indicative of the real exam, the Schweser mocks do an excellent job of prepping you for the level of thinking and pace you’ll need for exam day.

There’s no rule of thumb (i.e. take 8 mocks and you’ll pass) so I’d argue that if you have the time and energy, then take as many as you can - if you have some relevant, unfinished mocks on June 8, then you didn’t do enough.

My suggestion is this - do as many mocks until you are consistently scoring above 70% in each mock. This way you are sure to know that you are fully prepared for the exam

I scored 33% in the first one and 38% in the second mock exam. I really dont know what to do now. 70% seems so faaaaarway from 38%!

I did 2 mocks for level 1 and 2 for level 2. I felt my time was better spent on areas I knew I need to work on.