Motivation

Asslam o Alaikum and Hello everyone…

This is my first post to AF. I am planning to take December CFA Level 1 exam. As I started reading through study sessions, things went fine for a month and I completed Ethics and Quants from CFA curriculum books. Then suddenly my motivation hit rock bottom which is mainly because of the financial problems that I unfortunatly started facing.

My problems are somewhat sorted out but I am still very low on motivation. I am finding it really really hard to rekindle my motivation and start my study routine. I will really appreciate if you guys give me insight of how you people motivate yourself and put your motivation together after facing set backs. Thank You :slight_smile:

war music

Constantin Stanislavski, Lee Strasberg.

When I get de-motivated I think about how I will have to study my a$$ off for this exam AGAIN next year if i fail. Always manages to motivate me.

Sometimes, you just have to power through it. Occasionally I have ZERO desire to study but I just have to sit my a*s down and get through the material. I wish there was a better answer but I am afraid that is it. I doubt anyone anctually enjoies studying for this test (there are some parts I like but overall, I’m not eager to rush home and study) but if you want it enough, you will somehow make it through the material. One thing that I have found is that if I am stuck on something, I move on, to return a few hours or days later or ask a question on here. Becoming frustrated with a topic may demotivate you and ultimate throw you off track. Some people actually become more motivated when they get stuck, but I guess it depends on who you are.

I hated studying for the Level I CFA exam.

But I knew that I would hate studying for it a second time ten times as much as I hated studying for it the first time. That was sufficient motivation.

when you want motivation for studying remember your success after accomplaished your mission

Just think of how much it sets you apart from everyone else in financial services who is not a CFA.

And how much is that?

mohamed, that makes no sense.

Thanks for the insight… :slight_smile: For me it all depends on the topic… If I come to like a topic and found it interesting, problems become exciting for me :stuck_out_tongue: … The opposite is the case for the topics that I find dry and uninteresting.

I find CFA Level 1 as a whole a good read. I also have a financial background in education. Its the external factors that affect my motivation a lot. :frowning:

Thanks a lot everyone… I can really use these :slight_smile:

A lot. Look at most job postings in financial services and it says CFA preferred.

It’s a long road ahead, my friend - find SOMETHING and nurture it like Lenny did his rabbits.