Cannot find any optionnal segment

So I’ve been studying for the CFA level 1 exam on my tablet, on the official CFA application, and I have recently learned that there are optional segments in the curriculum. Thing is, I haven’t seen any yet! So I got worried that the application did not mention which segments are optionnal, or that I missed the warning. I’ve started scrolling around, trying to find an optionnal segment… Couldn’t find any! I’ve looked in the ebook, went through the whole Ethics module, didn’t find any, even though I read that the Ethics module is full of them.

Can someone help me out? Could you maybe point me to a specific page/section where I should find an optionnal section?

I am registered for the 2014 december exam, in case that matters.

Big Thanks!

I’ve never heard of an optional segment. In Level II, there were some “optional” chapters in FRA only because they were covered in Level I already but they could still be tested. Unless theyve changed something, I’d recommend you just go read everything

take a look at Financial reporting analysis, there will be tons of optional pages…