Doubt regarding retabulation process for L1

I did not pass the June 2014 Level 1 exam. Got band 10. I have the following queries - 1. I am considering retabulation. I wanted to know that if I apply for the same, will my answers (which may not have been marked dark enough by me to be read by the scanner) be manually checked or not. 2. Is it possible that a person fails if his overall score is >70% but his ethics score is <50%?

1. yes will be manually checked. but the system is very precise.

2. are you saying you got every single category over 70% and only ethics under 50% and still failed.

You can definitely fail ethics <50 and still pass the exam. it’s been proven many times over and over

Don’t waste your money on retabulation. Just re-take the exam in December or June.

I’ve never heard of a retab being successful, so I think it’d be a waste. And yes, you could potentially get ZERO on ethics and still pass - it’s the overall score that matters (except if you’re RIGHT on the bubble - then ethics counts more).

In point 2, I meant my overall score >70% and not every single topic >70

^ Your overall score wasn’t over 70% if you failed. There is an ethics adjustment, but its insignificant and CFAI themselves suggest its more of an upward advantage. Try again in December, or pay the retab and provide CFAI some extra cash. Whatever. Either way, good luck in December.

Yes I know it wasn’t >70%. I had just asked a query. Anyway, thx.

^ Well if you knew, you wouldn’t have asked question #2. :wink:

Re-read my point 2. I had asked if a ‘person’ can fail if his overall >70. :slight_smile: