How to display CFA Status on Resume

Hello All,

I’m wondering if anyone could share some insight on the best place to put your respective CFA status on your resume. I know the language of “CFA Level I Candidate”, “Passed CFA Level I”, etc. but wanted to know which section of the resume would be best and whether to put it above or below work experience.

Thanks for any insights.

I know there are several resume formats, but I used to place people in Finance and Accounting jobs, and the one thing that I have learned is that there are tons of resumes out there. After a review of the top half of the resume, you run the risk of employers throwing your resume away if not enough stands.

If you have an accomplishments or career highlights section towards the top of the resume, I would consider adding that language in that area.

For investment jobs that require the designation, its good for them to easily know that you are on right track towards finishing. Also, for investment jobs that don’t necessarily require it, it can be a way to separate yourself from the rest of the pack.

Either way, make sure that people can easily see it.

Awesome. Thanks, TE.