Retention with Schweser.

I am going through Schweser books and I’m feeling pretty good about my progress. I’ve attempted all the EOC questions and decided to go back to some of the questions I attempted a while ago. I completely forgot how to do some of them.

I know I shoudn’t get bogged down and should continue forward but I am concerned that I forget some things here and there. Any experience with this?

its pretty normal, i have found myself in similar situation as well, you just have to continue practrising, and you’ll get used to it. Dont give up. By relearning the steps and continuing practising, you’ll get used to it and you’ll be able to solve the questions easily.

Thanks, appreciate the encouragement. I think the goal is to get through the material quickly and then just hammer out the questions.

I found most of the retention came in the last few weeks doing practice tests. Don’t worry about retention too much when doing the first read or you’ll never finish the material.

Found it hard to absorb much the first time thru. After 2nd review and practice exams things came together.

Keep going back to EOCs from chapters you’ve already finished and redoing some of the questions here and there just so that you do not forget how to do them. I like to go back and pick random chapters and questions. In this case, repetition = retention.

you will surely forget things along the way. Don’t focus on that. plow through and review, review, review later with practice problems.

think of learning CFAI material as hungry hungry hippos, grab all the knowledge you can whenever you can, and just keep reaching out and grabbing them.

itera isn’t an a*****e 100% of the time.