Starting CFA prep - late start

Starting to study for the CFA level 1 this week. I realize it’s a late start so I was hoping to get some tips or a plan that would be effective for this 3 months we have before the exam.

I am not working these next 3 months so I can completely devote myself to CFA prep. I have the online Q Bank.

Thanks!

If not working you will have time. But not too much time. Make a schedule and stick to it.

E.g. 1 book every 10 days and then practice questions and reveiw for a month.

You will need to study everyday or very close to it.

Watch schweser videos.

Then read the secret sauce.

Then practice the hell out of everything you can get your hands on.

I’ve never watched the videos so I don’t know how effective they are. I’d recommend reading the Schweser notes. Spend extra time on Ethics and Financial Reporting as they’re the biggest portions. Go over the notes fully twice, then do practice exams. Reading the answers will let you know if you really understood the concepts. Go back if you do terribly in a section.

As for how to study, everyone works differently. In general, you’ll probably study more efficiently if you do it in spurts, with breaks in between. Marathon sessions tire out your brain. Exercise and eat well. GL

I would reccomend leaving Ethics for last. You will understand the concepts better after you’ve covered the other topics.

I read Ethics first, and i am also reading it last, but as of now, i am scoring around 95% in the online test and Schweser QB. So, i’ll advice you to read ethics now, but not rigorously so that you can have a grip of what it entails, and then you dedicate like a week into reading it fully. Since you dont have much time, the best you can do is to have a schedule for studying and stick to it strictly, but give a room to relax and enjoy yourself.