Should I or Should I Not!

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to register for CFA - level 1 in June 2015, but I am still in doubt as I am a full time credit analyst and I am still in the process of completing my MBA. I was actually excited that i already ordered the Schweser notes … yet i still need advice.

Please comment

Regards

Reem

If you start right now and manage to spend about at least 2 quality hours per weekday and 4-5 quality hours per weekend to study, I think it’s ok. It also depends on your background. Since you are a full time credit analyst, I assume you have a degree in accounting and finance which would be helpful because level 1 is just a rehash of undergraduate stuffs. That being said, the knowledge covered in level 1 is huge (at least I find it so) and given that you are in the process of completing an MBA program, be prepared that time for family, friends, personal hobbies and other socialization will be really tight in the next months.

Thanks for your reply

I thought so as well, i think my undergrduate studies (acc/fin) are going to payoff now.

It should not be hard, but i need to commit big chunks of my little leisure time.

I am curious how much time you spend on your MBA program every week? Also, is your full time job busy and stressful? How often do you have to bring work home to work? Does it take you more than 2 hours to commute to work (rountrip) per day?

Hi reem

From my experience I think its not that easy, but what you can do is to study as you are registered to the june exam and when jan comes u can judge if u have done enough or not and then either do it in june or dec_k7_

Start now for June? You will have enough time.

hmm… actually work is luckily 15 minutes from home… the job is busy yes but manageable i guess … my MBA program for this semester is 3 days per week each day is a different class but i find it a bit demanding.

i try to study in the weekends but when i have an exam i take one day off from work. Thts how am handling it so far… i still have until next june to graduate btw…*fingers crossed*

have you done it before ? and wts your background

ya from what i researched and past experience of people around i came to know that its a matter of descipline and time management to get the level 1 at least … i will do it and hopefully soon i will be a level 3 candidate just like you =)… good luck