Ethics: CFAI vs. Schweser

Is the Schweser summary of ethics sufficient (~100 pages)? How many of you complemented their schweser ethics study with the original CFAI ethics book? I have a feeling that the Schweser summary is a little shallow, especially considering the weight of ethics in the exam (15%).

I’ve taught the ethics section many times (and for Kaplan). It’s probably the one section that you absolutely MUST use the curriculum as well as the guide. The best way to get this material down is to see many, many examples.

I’d highly recommend getting access to a question bank for this - you probably need more questions for this than there are in the CFAI material.

That’s what I thought, thank you for your help. I have access to the Schweser QBank, and now that I have finished the curriculum (twice), i’ll start banging the QBank and re-do the EOCs from both CFAI and Schweser.

schwesr is not ethical

Igor - why do you think that?

its a joke lol. bc ppl aare questioning their ethics.

p.s. i used schweser and happy with them

I agree with busprof: Ethics is the one area of the curriculum for which I believe that there is no substitute for the original material from CFA Institute.

Since there was a recent question on this, I’d recommend taking notes as you read each vignette. Put them on note cards, and review, review, review. Interleave testing with the reviews. Ethics has a lot of subtleties, and it takes a fair bit of time to get it locked down. The good news is that once you do, you get payback for it on L2 and L3 - a lot of the ethics material is the same across levels.

make sure to do all the questions in the cfa books