Question for people sitting for their 2nd time

I’m curious if you are re-reading every section or just doing EOC questions and if you score higher than X you move to the next section’s EOC questions without reading until you score below X, then you read it?

I’m having trouble finding motivation this go around and was looking for a more efficient way to study.

So far my plan has been to read CFAI for higher weighted sections, then switch back to Schwesser for lower weighted ones(doing questions along the way too).

I was thinking about doing what my open question was but feel that won’t be enough

Problem is re-reading the same material again makes it boring and seems like I know it already , which is clealry wrong or I would of passed.

Any input on others plans or thoughts on their second time around would be appreciated

Get a good question bank (Kaplan, Stalla, or Elan) and drain that puppy.

hit the EOC and blueboxes

Hitting? LOL

For the Americans reading that, it means having sex

For the readers in developing nations like Sri Lanka, that might mean beating them

fyi, i dont have anything against you or Sri Lanka - I just thought your wording was funny

First go-round, I used the CFAI stuff exclusively along with Schweser q-bank. I was scoring ~60% on the Schweser practice tests and I (predictably) failed, B6.

There were definitely gaps in my knowledge that even I recognized, and I was going in with a “leap and pray” mentality.

This time, I’m going through ALL of the Schweser notes ONLY, no CFAI. I’m doing it on an accelerated schedule, taking notes as I go. Doing ALL of the practice problems, LOS reveiw problems, and challenge sets (I did not do any practice sets on my B6 fail attempt). Last year, I had 2 weeks to review+do practice exams. This year, I should have ~5 (maybe 6) weeks to review, during which I want to do more practice exams and reread any sections that give me trouble.

I really believe what some people here say; this exam (L1) shouldn’t be that difficult, and if it poses such a huge challenge then I should consider dropping the exam. This will be my last hurrah before I decide to give it a rest (for the foreseeable future).

I have the same trouble on this second time. I feel bored to read the same material but when i score 60% in EOC questions or QBank I feel that I don’t really master the knowledge to get this Level1.

It’s all about details…each time I read a text I understand the meaning and I think I have in mind all the necessary details but when I start doing the questions I see that i make many small mistakes due to details!

This time I try mainly to read the shweizer, do the questions in EOC and some mocks. The more practice you do, the more you are sure about your understanding of the topics.

My advice: Try to do the exercice when you are tired and your degree of concentration is very low. The aim of this exercice is that you have to be able to solve questions easly even when you are not using all your mind capacity. In the afternoon session, you usually feel like a zombi! So when you dont know things very good, you have trouble to answer.