how many questions are you guys guessing??

how many questions are you guessing on mocks and practice tests??

when i am doing mocks either schweser or CFAI, i am usually very confident about 65questions out of 120. 5-10 i am not able to solve or understand so it is pure guess, the rest about 50-45 i am able to eliminate one choice. Anf of the 65confident answers i usually get 3-5questions wrong…

On average, I am getting scores btw 85-90 out of 120.

The problem is that even after i go through the wrong answers and reread the topics, i am faced with new topics that i am unsure with. At this point with 17days left, what would you guys do?

any suggestions? thanks

Your are not alone on that trust me, iam also guessing around 20 questions esp in Ethics,Econ and FIS, even when i re-read these sections , there little change on the knowlwge gap, hop wil b able to recover and scale down the guessing range. On average am ranging 90+ out of 120 on CFAI mocks and Kaplan.

So in my opinion is to continue to practice mocks and revising answers, with that you myt b able to boost your confidence and increase the odds of getting answers right.

Bt all in all, i thnk your Mock scores are impressive and hopfully it will be ok.

If you have the Schweser QB then you can use htat to narrow down the specific topics you’re weak on and practice Q’s related to that. That is my plan at least- having done most of the Schweser mocks already, I know what I’m stronger vs weaker in and as such can focus my question practice.

So I inputed my scores from my kaplan exam online. I scored a 75 and i found that was barley above the mean score? Makes me worry a bit

okay, i guess i should try the mocks and use the qbank to tackle the areas that i am weak on.

i am aiming for 90+, hopefully i can get into that range by exam time!

thanks

I completely guess maybe 5 to 10 per entire exam. And maybe 10 to 15 50/50% guessing.

If you’re having a hard time getting the right answer through calculation, try to develop an understanding of the concepts. Use your understanding to eliminate obviously incorrect answers. At the very least, you can eliminate one answer. Even if you still have to guess, you increased your chances from 33% to 50%.