BA II Plus Pro - Changing Batteries, revert to Default Settings?

Has anyone changed their batteries in a BA II Plus/Pro? I’m going to bring a spare battery just incase, but was wondering if the settings default to stock settings when you change the battery.

For example, the P/Y setting is set to 12 I believe upon default and the calculator doesn’t calculate using BEDMAS. I don’t want to reset these setting if I need to change batteries during the exam.

yes the settings go back to defaults once the battery is removed.

Instead why don’t you fix the battery and perform the reset settings operation before you went in to the exam itself. Having a battery run out of juice is bad enough, so if you suspect that might happen - fix it outside and save yourself the couple of minutes during the exam. Even though I was sure my batteries had enough juice, I would replace them before the exam (couple of days before) and throw out the old battery.

^Word. Change them a week before the exam, whether you need to or not.

You should be able to change calculator settings really easily. If you can’t, you don’t know your calculator well enough.

a little harsh considering i changed that setting when i purchased mine many years ago; haven’t had to touch it since. i’ll consult the manual though when I change mine later today!

Battery never ran out through CFA and CAIA exams. I always took a spare calculator tho…and extra battery…but never had to use them