Leaving the building

I read over all the material I could find on the CFAI website, and I didn’t notice anything applicable to this (but maybe I missed it).

Is it okay to go outside of the test center during the lunch break? The test center I’ll be at doesn’t allow outside food to be brought into it. I was planning to bring a lunchbox in my car with some food, so long as it’s okay to exit the center (go to the parking lot) during the lunch break.

Two other things: I didn’t notice how we can bring in ear plugs. I saw that we can, but can they be in a clear plastic bag or should I just put them in my hand and carry them?

Are candidates allowed to have multiple calculators in the testing room at one time, or should extra calculators be left in the “personal belongings” space?

Thanks again!

I’m writing in Toronto and under the info given, there are links to google maps for outside restaurants in the area.

I believe you can bring 2 approved calculators with you to the exam room, along with batteries and a mini screwdriver. But the batteries have to be out of the packaging.

Not sure about “how” to bring the earplugs. Give CFAI a call. They are open 24 hours until 6pm Saturday.

Carry them in your ears.

When one of the exam proctors sees something in your ears, raise your watch to your mouth and say “Tango Five Niner, this is Eagle 1, I am in place”.

I’ll go back to memorizing that convexity formula now…

yes you can leave

But only if your name is Elvis.

They track all your movements though with that same miraculous and proprietary technology that they use to ‘detect electronic devices during the exam’. You can’t spell CFAI w/out CIA.