Kaplan Schweser Classes for CFA 1?

So I was signed up for the CFA 1 in Dec, in October I moved jobs then I moved apartments, so my studying was a bit off. I took the test, probably failed but figured hell why not just take the test to see the format and you never know I “might” have passed.

Anyways was thinking if I failed I would sign up to take the test in June 2015 (No issues there right? Meaning if I failed in Dec 2014 I can sign up for CFA1 in June 2015?). I am also thinking about signing up for the Kaplan Schwester Classes its like 15 weeks, 1 class a week for 3 hours a class.

Anyone here ever take that class before Pros/Cons, also is the Premium Instruction Package (Boston Weekly Class) good? I mainly struggle with the formula’s, I am a Commercial Lender with my MBA so the corporate finance piece is fine for me, also the limited amount of questions on equities is fine for me as well. Any advice?

I’ve never taken any such class but seems like a waste of money. Everything you need to know is in the CFAI books so I would receommend just studying those.

Skip the class. These classes prey on people looking for a shortcut. Taking a class won’t help you memorize formulas.

As someone who has taught these classes for ten years, I can say with certainty that this is absolutely untrue.

Frankly, I don’t want candidates who are looking for a shortcut to attend my classes. I want candidates who are dedicated to passing the exam.

But having someone with expertise explain the formulae can lead to much better understanding, obviating mere memorization.

It really depends on what type of learner you are. If you learn well by reading (and, of course, are diligent in reading), the classes may be of little value. However, if you learn better by watching or doing, the classes can be an immense benefit.

Know thyself, then decide.

Thx S2000 if I failed the CFA1 ill sign up I feel like I would benefit greatly from the class, plus $1,400 is peanuts…