Need assistance regarding pencil and calculator policy

Hello, I am planning to take cfa exam in june 2015. I have few questions regarding using pencils and calculators. I wanted to collect these informations early, so that I don’t have to worry about these things later. 1. Do I need to take 2 calculators for the exam? If yes, Can use BA II Pro and BA II plus as back up (different models)? 2. Which is best - mechanical pencil or regular? 3. There are different points in #2 pencils (e.g., 0.5mm, 0.7mm, 0.9mm - thin, medium, thick). Which point is recommended? Thanks for your time on this.

to question 1: One calculator is enough. You only need a second calculator in case the first one gets broken during the exam. I purchased the BA II Professional, so you don’t have to bring a screwdriver. You can change the battery like in a remote without screw

For the pencils: I took a regular pencil. Thin, medium, thick? Make sure you can write down calculations. Furhtermore you should be able to fill out the circles in the answer sheet. Probably the medium is the best one

1. Take 2 calculators just in case one breaks. They can be different models as long as they’re on the approved list.

2. I used mechanical pencil .7mm lead. All comes down to personal preference. Just make sure you have the correct kind of lead and plenty of it in the pencil if mechanical (and/or multple pencils). You likely won’t use a ton of lead on the exam but the extra is good for peace of mind.