appearing for CFA level 1 in june......how to prepare for the exam?

i am reading fixed income and derivatives from the main curriculum book just wanted to know what other subjects i can refer to for CFA prepration from curriculum book…as i am appearing in june…i have completed 3 subjects so far still left with many more…need help?

NK

appearing for CFA level 1 in june…how to prepare for the exam?

i am reading fixed iNEED ncome and derivatives from the main curriculum book just wanted to know what other subjects i can refer to for CFA prepration from curriculum book…as i am appearing in june…i have completed 3 subjects so far still left with many more….need help?

well, i wrote Dec 2014 Level1, and it was awesome. I actually prepared for 8months, but i realized it could be done with 5 months with the intensity of my study plan. It can be done in 4 months as well depending on your plan and how rigorous your study plan is.

Since you have already started reading, you have several options at your disposal.

1. you should have a timed study plan and stick to it strictly.

2. Make sure you utilize your weekend very well if you work full time as that is when you will have enough time to read the corriculum.

3. Since you’re using the corriculum, it will take you alot of time to finish up. I used Schweser all through and i was and i am still impressed with my level of preparation and was fully confident after the exam, but that may not apply to you, so you need to make up ur mind on it on time.

4. Get alot of practice question under your belt, you’re going to need it. After reading through the corriculum for like 3 times, i still found out that i mixed so many questions, so it is when you practice, and realize where you’re getting it wrong and make amend before you will improve and gain the confidence to defeat the exam.

So, that is it, wish you the best.