Failures

Failed the Dec 2014 exam with a Band 10. I really want to give it another shot. Just wondering, do people who chose to retake get to take it at a lower price? I am just a student and too damn broke.

You don’t have to pay the enrollment fee again. And if you sign up early you will get a discount off of the late registration price.

I don’t know what to do now. I never thought I would fail. I always did the “Is 6 months enough for L2” question in my mind. Never imagined I would fail L1 in December!!

Band 10… guess I will be revisiting it again in June! Can’t give up now when I was so close.

Exaactly the attitude!

It got me f***ed

Does anyone know of the revaluation procedure Can’t seem to find it

Failed band 10. I’m really discouraged. How are you guys going about studying again? Re-reading or just focusing on the low areas?

I am going to do with re-reading. but going to focus a lot on the corp reporting and accounting segment which failed me. i just checked that early bird registration is over, kinda unfair that we didnt know our results before early bird is over and then we have to pay the normal registration fee :confused:

but then again the early bird was before our exam so… lol.

^ at least you wont be paying the late fee

http://www.cfainstitute.org/Forms/retabulation_request.pdf

Save your money. I’ve been on this forum for about eight years now and I’ve never heard of a re-tabbed exam changing the result.

Eight years and five months for me, and I concur with Frisian. Never heard of anybody who succeeded with a re-tab.

I had my share of CFA exam disappointments. Regroup and take the exam again. That is the only way to get the passing grade you are looking for.

the only rumor of a succesful retab i’ve heard (keep in mind I have no evidence this is true), someone who thought they killed it got a really terrible score matrix. He retab’d and became a pass.

that’s the closest in the many years i’ve followed this progrma

Well I took level 1 some years ago and here is what I got;

FRA, FIXED INCOME, EQUITY, ECO, QUANT, DERV above 70

CORP FIN, ETHICS, PORTFOLIO 51-70

ALT below 50

FAILED

Didnt bother to take it again

you wouldn’t have made it past L1 with that failure attitude.