Dec 2014 Level 1 vs June 2015 Level 1

Hi All,

I failed L1 exam in Dec (quantitative methods and economics below 50; equities and alternative investments above 70) but planning to take the exam again June. I havent signed up yet for various reasons and therefore don’t have materials for June’s exam.

Currently going through the December Level 1 books but wanted to check your opinion if I am OK to learn based on the old books and once I sign up (if I choose to) in April go through the questions in the new books? Everyone else here who failed the L1 in Dec and can comment if the curriculums are very different?

Thanks

go to the CFAI website and compare the LOS from December vs June… unless they are radically different, i would say you should be able to use schweser for the first review and then get into CFAI EOC and practice exams. I would at least buy updated practice exams.

I’ve checked LOS already- seems similar. Noticed that exam weights are different this time round.

there are changes in fixed income a new reading of asset backed securities is introduced also there are changes in derivatives curriculum. I am not able to find other changes in cfa curriculum if anyone comes accross it pls share

Two FRA readings have been dropped and a new one added (Financial Reporting Quality)

Fixed income: New reading on asset backed securities

Derivatives: Four readings dropped and one big reading on derivative pricing added

i have heard that there are some changes in quants syllabus too, do u have any idea about it??

i have not purchased the printed version of 2015 but i have purchased the printed version in 2014 so i m thinking of using it, that is why i wanted to be sure that i m not missing anything.

also i have heard that weightage of some some topics has changed.

This free resource covers all changes and also the weighting changes as well between 2014 and 2015. Its the best out there:

http://apptuto.com/blog/cfa-level-1-curriculum-changes-2015

cheers, thanks everyone!